THIS AGREEMENT is made by and between Newport Lodging II, LLC, herein called "Owner," and You, whether one or more, herein called "Guest or Guests." Guest/Guests reserves from Owner the lodging unit, herein called 'Property' at the physical address, specified rate, and for the period set out in the specified dates selected by Guest/Guests and listed on the Reservations and Bookings Pages on the following terms and conditions:
1. PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATION:
Guest agrees to the following payment and cancellation terms:
- Guest must be 21 years of age to make a reservation.
- Guest will be charged 100% of the total booking cost (including taxes and applicable fees) at the time of booking.
- Guest who cancels more than 7 days prior to the scheduled arrival date will receive a full refund less a $50.00 processing fee.
- No refunds will be issued to Guest who cancels within 7 days of the scheduled arrival date.
- No refunds will be issued for early departures or no shows.
- As a one-time option, Guest can change their dates of stay within 7 days of their original scheduled arrival date. A $50.00 change of date fee will be charged in this instance and will make the reservation non-refundable. If the room rates are higher for the new dates of stay, the Guest will be charged the difference between the new rates and the original rates as well as additional taxes and applicable fees. This charge will be made at the time the change is made. Date changes are subject to availability and not guaranteed. Multiple date changes will not be permitted.
- Guests who elect a Buy Out of Serenity Inn Newport should refer to their Buy Out Contract for the applicable Payment and Cancellation policies.
Check in time is between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Check out time is 11:00 a.m. Guest shall be permitted to have the maximum overnight occupancy at the Property according to the specific room type reserved and outlined below. Minimum age for occupancy is 10 years old and maximum occupancy is regardless of age. Any violation of these occupancy limits shall allow the Owner to terminate the reservation and remove Guest, all other persons, and their possessions:
Rooms One – Eight, Ten & Twelve: 2 People
Rooms Nine & Eleven: 4 People
Guest covenants and agrees with Owner to:
- Comply with all obligations imposed upon Guest by applicable provisions of building codes materially affecting health and safety.
- Keep the Property in as clean and safe condition as when first occupied.
- Keep all plumbing fixtures in the Property and used by the Guest in good clean operating condition.
- To use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and other facilities, and appliances.
- To not destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the Property or knowingly permit any person to do so.
- To conduct themselves and require other persons on the Property with Guest's consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb Guest's neighbor's peaceful enjoyment of other parts of the Property.
- To comply with all laws and ordnances of the municipality where the Property is located, including and not in limitation of the foregoing noise ordinances and ordinances related to the maximum number of people allowed in a building and to indemnify Owner from all loss or damages resulting from Guest's violation of such ordinances.
- Guest will be responsible for any financial cost and/or financial losses to the Owner because of any noise related incidents by Guest or Guest's invitees.
- Delivery by Serenity Inn Newport employees of gift bags or other items supplied by Guest to Guest's Room(s) and/or Suite can be arranged by contacting Guest Services at 401-845-9400 at least 48 hours prior to the date of arrival. Gift bags/other items must be dropped off to Guest Services located at 550 Thames Street, Newport, RI 02840 at least 24 hours prior to date of arrival. There will be a delivery fee of $5.00 per bag/item processed at the time of drop off. Perishable items should not be included. Each bag/item must be clearly labeled by Guest with the Guest's name and room number. Arrangements for any other deliveries can be made by contacting Guest Services at 401-845-9400 at least 48 hours prior to the date of arrival. Additional delivery fees may be incurred.
- Guest and all other occupants must abide by the established Quiet Hours between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily.
11. Guest and all other occupants acknowledge and agree that a violation of Owner's rules, requirements, or procedures of any kind may result in Guest's dismissal from the property without refund.
3. Reimbursement of Damage:
Guest acknowledges and grants permission for Owner to retain his/her credit card information as a form of payment to reimburse Owner for any potential damages because of Guests stay. This is to guarantee the return of the Property to the Owner in the same or better condition as when accepted by the Guest, reasonable wear excepted. Owner is indemnified against damage and/or loss of value because of the Guest's action, mistake, or inaction during the term of occupancy. Guest is responsible for damage and/or loss of value to the Property and Guest hereby agrees to reimburse the Owner for such loss immediately upon the presentation of a bill for said damage and/or loss via charge to the credit card on file. Guest warrants that he/she will meet all aspects of this agreement in every respect and acknowledges that failure to do so will result in charges against Guest's credit card. If Guest's credit card is declined Owner reserves the right to pursue collection of these charges through all other legal means available.
4. Cleaning Fee, Parking, Smoking and Pet Policies:
Guest accepts the Property in its present condition. Guest agrees to return the Property in a similar condition. There will be an at cost non-refundable restoration fee charged to the credit card on file for those who do not comply.
Guest acknowledges that parking is provided both onsite and offsite on a first come first served basis but is not guaranteed. Guests are limited to one parking space per room. Vehicles must be removed from both parking locations by 11:00 a.m. on the day of checkout or Guest's vehicle will be subject to towing at the Guest's expense.
Guest acknowledges that the Property has a smoke free policy. Guest will be charged $150.00 for smoking in a non-smoking Room, Suite, or common area.
Pets are not allowed at Serenity Inn Newport.
5. Use of Property:
Guest agrees to use the premises only as a temporary lodging for him or herself and not for more than the number of Guests provided in paragraph 2. Guest assumes responsibility for actions taken by other occupants, invitees and any other person entering the Property with or at the invitation of Guest. Owner will hold Guest solely responsible for all damages to property and for violations against this reservation agreement.
6. Appliances, Furnishing, and Accessories:
The kitchen is only to be used by the Innkeeper and/or employees of Newport Lodging II, LLC, and Serenity Inn Newport.
7. Attorney's Fees:
Guest shall reimburse Owner for reasonable attorney's fees and court costs for any action taken by Owner to enforce this occupancy agreement.
8. Repair Policy:
Guest shall keep the Property in good order and repair. Guest is encouraged to treat the Property as their home. Guest acknowledges responsibility for any damages caused by Guest or his/her invitees.
9. Removal of Owner's Property:
If anyone removes or damages any property belonging to Owner within the unit or from any common ground associated with its address, this will constitute immediate revocation of the reservation and Guest shall immediately vacate. Owner may seek reimbursement and may take further legal action as stated in clause #3.
10. Condition of Property:
Guest acknowledges that the Property is in good condition. If there is anything in or on the Property that would not be considered in good condition, Guest agrees to report it to Owner upon taking possession of the Property by visiting Guest Services or calling (401) 845-9400. Guest agrees that failure to report any defects will be legally binding proof that the property is in good condition at the time of occupancy.
11. Systems Information:
Owner warrants that all major systems will be functional and in good repair at time of possession. Guest is encouraged to report any necessary repairs, no matter how slight, but they are hereby advised that the Owner does not normally repair or replace nonfunctional items such as paint, carpets, etc., every time a property changes possession. Those items are scheduled for repair/replacement at regular intervals.
12. Guest Responsibility:
Good housekeeping is required of Guest and other occupants. Guest agrees to keep quarters clean and in sanitary condition. Guest agrees not to permit any deterioration or destruction to occur while they are occupying the property. Guest agrees to maintain the walls, woodwork, floors, furnishings, fixtures and appliances, windows, screens, doors, fences, plumbing, air-conditioning, heating, electrical and mechanical systems as well as the general structure and appearance of the property. Guest agrees to follow all Owner policies and regulations, especially where posted.
13. Privacy and Confidentiality:
Guest acknowledges and agrees that Owner will provide all information regarding the agreed upon reservation to Guest's 'Primary Point of Contact' for all those staying at the Property during the reservation. This information includes but is not limited to dates of stay, payment information, room access information (door codes, etc.), parking guidelines, terms and conditions applicable to the reservation, all responses to various Guest inquiries regarding the reservation, any damages incurred, and the applicable additional charges enforced due to said damages experienced during the stay, and any other pertinent reservation information. Guest as the 'Primary Point of Contact' for the party, agrees to accept all information from Owner and will be responsible for redirecting all correspondence from Owner to any other members of their party. Furthermore, Guest acknowledges and agrees that Owner accepts no responsibility for distributing any information to other members of Guest's party nor any responsibility for more than one person in Guest's party having access to all information included in any reservation made herein.
14. Vehicle Policy:
Guest agrees never to park or store a motor home, camper, trailer, boat, or any sort of recreational vehicle in any parking area that may be provided. Guest must follow rules and laws of the City of Newport regarding parking.
15. Camera Surveillance:
Please be advised that camera surveillance equipment (CCTV) may be used in common/public areas for the safety and security of Guests and Vacation Newport employees as well as to ensure the protection and proper use of the property in general. This equipment may or may not be monitored at any time. Surveillance cameras are utilized only in common/public areas where there is no 'reasonable expectation of privacy.' Common/public areas may include pools, building entrances, hallways, parking lots, common gathering areas, office areas, property grounds, etc. At no time will any surveillance equipment be in any bedroom, bathroom, or any other facility where a 'sense of privacy' is expected.
16. Disclosure of Owner Agent:
Owner may be represented at various times by its employees or agents, who will carry identification. Owner's and Guest Services address is: 550 Thames Street, Newport, Rhode Island 02840.
Please be advised that camera surveillance equipment (CCTV) is used in common/public areas for the safety and security of Guests and Vacation Newport employees as well as to ensure the protection and proper use of the property in general. This equipment may or may not be monitored at any time. Surveillance cameras are utilized only in common/public areas where there is no 'reasonable expectation of privacy.' Common/public areas may include pools, building entrances, hallways, parking lots, kitchens, common gathering areas, office areas, property grounds, etc. At no time will any surveillance equipment be in any bedroom, bathroom, or any other facility where a 'sense of privacy' is expected.
18. Validity of Reservation Provisions:
Any provision set forth in this reservation agreement which is contrary to the state Residential Owner and Guest laws shall be treated by Owner and Guest as void and as if it were not set forth herein, but all other provisions of the reservation agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
19. City, County, or State Violations:
Guest is responsible for paying all violation fees issued to Guest or Owner by the City of Newport, Newport County or State of Rhode Island for non-compliance to city, county or state laws by the Guest or Guest's invitees. If the Owner is required to appear in court, Guest acknowledges responsibility for Owner's legal and court cost and shall pay no less than an additional $350.00 fee to compensate Owner for his time.
All rights given to Owner by this agreement shall be cumulative in addition to any laws that exist or might come into being. Any exercise of any rights by Owner or failure to exercise any rights shall not act as a waiver of those or any other rights. No statement or promise by Owner, its agents, or employees, as to tenancy, repairs, amount of rate to be paid, or other terms and conditions shall be binding unless it is put in writing and made a specific part of this agreement.
Guest agrees to indemnify and defend the Owner against, and to save it harmless from, any and all claims of whatever nature, for injury or damage to persons or property (including, without limitation, lost or stolen property) in or about the Property, or arising from any accident, injury or damage, arising within the parking area, if any, resulting from an act, default or omission on the part of the Guest or his/her invitees, children, relatives and friends.
22. Legal Binding:
Guest hereby states that he or she has the legal right to sign for all other Guests and to commit them to abide by this contract.
23. Full Disclosure:
By agreeing to this reservation agreement, Guest hereby acknowledges that all questions about this agreement have been answered and that he/she fully understands all the provisions of the agreement and the obligations and responsibilities of each party, as spelled out herein. Guest further acknowledges and agrees to fulfill Guest's obligations in every respect or suffer the full legal and financial consequences of their actions or lack of action in violation of this agreement. In addition, Guest hereby acknowledges and opts-in to the Vacation Newport email and text message list by agreeing to the terms and conditions herein and willingly accepts current and future communications via email and other various media platforms from Owner including third party emails from TripAdvisor to send review solicitation emails.
24. Pricing, Availability, Discounts, Promotions and Gift Cards:
Pricing and availability are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Owner. All discounts and promotions are subject to availability. Discounts, promotions and/or special offers cannot be applied to existing reservations, nor can they be combined with other offers regardless of the nature. All gift cards, retain no physical cash value and must be redeemed towards a future reservation. Gift cards cannot be used on a future reservation to secure a reimbursement under any circumstance.
25. No Tenancy Created:
Guest acknowledges that the property is a transient occupancy, no Landlord/Tenant relationship is created, and Owner has all rights of an Innkeeper under Rhode Island General Laws.